



Majic girl
is what I'm calling my friend Jana who spent this last week with us. She took vacation time to help me out due to my early contractions and docs orders to "keep the baby in another week." Well that week is over now and we are trying to remember life without Jana. ( She's been gone about 7 hours) I cannot begin to list the many wonderful acts of service Jana did for our family. However, I will do my best. Moms out there, please don't burn up with jealously!
First she arrived with a bag of tricks for the girls, ( disney movies, bath toys and matching tees), fresh veges to add to dinners, an array of nail polish for peticures, and a belated b-day present for me ( brownsugar fig lotion and body spray from Bath and Body Works.)
She went grocery shopping, made awesome dinners, cleaned my kitchen, did laundry, took the girls on daily outings, gave baths, dressed and brushed the girls' hair, put the girls down for naps, made cookies with the girls, let me sleep in, gave me a peticure, plucked my eyebrows, drew me a bath, ironed my clothes, sewed an infant car seat cover from scratch ( the one I had was looking pretty bad) and many more I can't remember now.
Jana truly has the gift of service. She was amazing and I could see how God was giving me good gifts through her. I will never be able to repay Jana for the restful, peaceful , pampered week she gave me. She is going to have made my transition into mother of 3 much easier by the break i was able to enjoy and peace that set in on my house as she served. God is truly at work in her and I pray she is blessed 10 fold at everything she puts her hands to work at.
Thank you Jana, thank you thank you thank you. You did Majic in our home!
5 comments:
I think I just added a "Jana" to my Christmas list. That is so awesome to have a friend like that. I am so happy you were able to relax in preparation for your new arrival. So happy to hear you are still pregnant too!
Yeah for Jana!!!! She must have learned it from me, it was my superior babysitting skills, and camp counselor skills, although I think she taught me how to scramble an egg. I am soooo proud of her!!!! Do you think she would come to Indiana and hang out with my girls?
And I too am glad you are still a prego!!!
she MADE you a carseat cover???
Sunny-
I have a 'Jana' also, maybe I should say had... Amy left to go to Japan to be with her husband on Tuesday (how selfish!):> She is like an aunt to my kids, has helped do projects around the house, pick up the kids from school- and is always such fun to be around. My kids adore her, and are sooo sad she's moved. She feels like part of our family. Isn't God good to give us such wonderful friends???
sorry - jealous over here. not gonna deny it. but you deserve her.
Post a Comment