Sunday, February 17, 2008


Girls and Horses................


Well I had no idea "horse fever" could last so long! My girls are in no way getting over their love for horses any time soon. 2 weeks ago I was able to take the girls to visit Gwen's friend , Victoria and her horse named Flash. Victoria's sweet Mom instructed the girls on the proper way to brush, feed and lead Flash. Even for a person who doesn't know a thing about horses it was clear this horse was a prize possession. Shiny and clean, Flash was a delight for my girls to brush , rub and even ride (very briefly) bareback. Race had fun just kicking back, as usual.
The trip to this beautiful farm gave the girls and little bit more of a clue of why our backyard is not fit for horses. They still strongly argue that a miniature pony would be fine. Gwen thinks I'm stifling her dreams but I just told her I'm helping her really appreciate the pony she can get when she has her own money and farm!

4 comments:

Mariah said...

too cool!!

Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

Fun! I had horse fever for a LONG time...I would still jump at the chance to ride!!! My girls, especially Mollie, love them, too. Luckily for me they are both incredible chickens and don't want to actually get on one.

velvet said...

My goodness, that Race is just too much. What a stud! And Claire is getting your cute bootie. YEA!

DA Wagners said...

Gosh, girls seem like a lot of work! Maybe I'll stick to boys. You're such a great mommy! You're putting us all to shame with the horse time your girls are getting.