That's what Thursdays are for me. Until 2:30 at least. This day comes around faster than I would expect and I always forget it's coming. Then like a ray of sun shining warmth on me I wake up on Thursdays and as I'm climbing out of bed to tip toe and brush my teeth with out waking anyone, it hits me! My step is a little lighter and the morning rush is well, a little more rushed. The first couple of Thursdays I spent at my favorite bookstore soaking up the smell of coffee and yummy bread, people from all walks of life either reading or in interesting conversations. I was able to listen and see and smell it all with no distractions, it was amazing. Well today my sunshiny feeling quickly diminished when I remembered it was also pap smear day. The good/rotten part of this was I had to Wait almost a whole 2 hours in that cold, unfriendly, room full of bored people, BUT I had my book in which I read like 6 chapters! When I finally got out of there I still had enough time to get my eyebrows waxed and stop by a new coffee shop I wanted to try. So all is well that ends well I guess.
6 comments:
My pap smear day is next Monday, so to look forward to it more, I'm going to treat myself to eyebrow waxing and coffee, just b/c you did!
You crack me up! There's nothing better than a cup of coffee and endless books!
I love hearing about the kids and what's going on with you guys. It still feels weird without the preschool.
I've tagged you for a meme and hope you'll play along!
www.cidpandme.blogspot.com
When you have time, check out
www.livingthelifecc.com...It's going to be amazing! Blessings!
what?? you get your eyebrows waxed now, too?? i have really got to get it together. you girls are putting me to shame.
You so deserve Thursdays!!!
love,
crissy
Killin' me!
That is some funny stuff! Don't you just hate it when you have a pap-smear kind of a day?!
Post a Comment