waiting for me to come home from college, crying she misses me on the phone and sending me pennies from her piggy bank cause she heard me begging Mom and Dad for money.
But she is soo not. Tonight she walked across a stage and was given the right of passage into adult hood. In a few days she'll have a new address where no real grownups live! Underneath her grown up self though, she is still Meg. She still burps, laughs hysterically, and loves to do a dozen accents putting us all in stitches. I have been laughing with Meg since she was tiny. She brings FUN to my life and unconditional love. She also is one of the most accepting caring people I know. I know she deserves all these upcoming privileges but sometimes I still want her to be 5.
Meg I love you tremendously. I love that you let me be such an intimate part of your life since you were little. Thank you for always liking me. For getting up in the morning from ages 3-5 and hanging out with me while I got ready for school. For going on dates with me, For crying on my college dorm steps when we had to say goodbye, for crying so hard on my wedding that we barely recognize your pictures, and for listening to my endless sermons about dating etc.
I know with out a doubt God has plans for you. Plans for you to succeed. You will effect many many lives, just as you have and will continue to affect mine. You are a strong , pure, girl who knows who she is serving and not afraid to say so. Thank you for being you. Our family wouldn't be the same with out you.
5 comments:
Oh my, I'm crying. She is so beautiful and grown-up. I still remember her wearing like 50 little clips in her hair, STYLIN! Send congrats from me!
Oh...she can't, just can't be all grown up!!!!! I guess the last time I saw her she was about 6, maybe 7. Do you remember the morning that she stepped on your curling iron??? Your parents were out of town and I was staying at your house!!!! That was sooo long ago!!! Makes me feel OLD!!!
Please tell her congratulations!!!
Meggie--you are so cute! Okay, and a hottie in that red dress.
Sunny--I love your "odes" to people! You are great at them.
Ho-ly Cow! Can I please have that body and that red dress?
I can remember the hundreds of pictures she would send with your Mom's packages; getting in trouble for talking with her butt cheeks to her kindergarten teacher (was it kindergarten?); and singing Spice Girls at the top of her lungs at your swank graduation dinner party. Congrats Meg! The world thinks the world of you because your sister makes sure the world knows how awesome her sisters are, and I know it's true.
Okay thinking of your Mom's packages just reminded me of those sinful peanut butter bars she would send. Can you please hook me up Marsha???
My gosh your sister looks gorgeous in her dress! What a sweet testimony to her. Miss you friend!
Post a Comment