Friday, August 22, 2008

July in a Flash


Summer is Gone
Homework is back
Here's my Favs from July before I hit the sack


This is Breckenridge. Totally beautiful in the summer!

Denver was everything I wanted it to be: Clean, very urban, and the kids loved it too!

Littleton was picturesque
This is the town our friends live in. I felt like I was in a movie the whole time I was there. Their house is set in the foothills and there is beautiful hills, mountains and green everywhere! Here is Gwen on the Alpine slide, which was her highlight of the week. And Race on his first pony ride, which he was ecstatic about. He kept saying " I go Neigh, I go Neigh" in a very excited voice.
The grown ups got a night on the town on Sunday. We went to John Mellencamp at Red Rock Amphitheatre. This the most beautiful venue to see a concert in the world. Also Velvet took me up here on Saturday to run the steps with her. Yeah, killed my legs and I didn't even run most of it! Velvet is total stud and totally blows me away with her physical fitness and mothering skills. Thanks Scott and Velvet for having us out it was completely wonderful. ... more pics to come

9 comments:

Mariah said...

The first picture captures you all so perfectly! LOVE it. Race is ginormous. I mean, really. What are you feeding that kid? Also, cannot believe you can wear a big ol' jacket in the summer there. NICE.

Anonymous said...

Wow - So pretty - all of it! And so happy for Race he got his Neigh ride : )

crissy

DA Wagners said...

Wow! That outside theater is gorgeous!!! I need to find me a friend in Colorado!!! Great pics!

Christina Ketchum said...

Just beautiful! Totally jealous that you are wearing jackets in July!

Mandy said...

I'm moving to Colorado. Maybe tomorrow.

Great pictures! You and your family look like you are doing well. Did y'all start kindergarten this year?

April said...

Great pics!

Wimberley said...

awesome photos... the outside theater is breathtaking.. you guys look like you belong in colorado
... but i'm glad your a texan!!

velvet said...

Are you kidding me? Can't believe I'm just reading this. I say "Boo" on the mothering comment. Loved our time with you. It goes without saying, right?

Tell Allysa (spelling?) she has a friend in Colorado.

Becky said...

I am so jealous that you got to see my brother and sis'n'law's place. I still haven't gotten too. By the way I am here from Mandy's site. Your kids are cute.

(One of the little McWhirter sisters)