Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Dog...........................kinda



Well I finally gave in to my parents request to take their dog home to live with us. I still have no idea how this happen. I am weirdly okay with it and have been shocked by my instant bond with this dog. Capri is a 7 yr old lab mix. The kids have been in love with her for years and if you know my Claire you know how much this means to her. I have oddly already learned lessons about myself through caring for Capri and in some way feel like having her is like having a piece of my Mom with me all the time. To make a long story short, 2 days after bringing Capri home with us and almost killing her on a 3mi walk we found out she has heart worms. So because the treatment is extensive and very hard on the dog my Mom has taken her back until she is well.
Evacuating with 3 kids and a big ol' dog is not easy let me tell you. However Capri gave me a sense of peace the entire trip with her nose pressed against my shoulder. I actually miss her.

4 comments:

Mariah said...

Awwww! She looks really sweet.

Mariah said...

Jack wants to know what color collar Capri has. Please tell us. You know he's not going to stop asking me until you do.

DA Wagners said...

What a cool dog. She's a good age too for a lab -- nice and calm but protective!

Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

Yeah for you guys!!! We LOVE our labs... 2 chocolate...Max and Annabelle, but ours are strictly outside farm dogs...well unless Mollie makes a HUGE mess eating, then I let them in to clean up the food!!!! They are also VERY protective of the girls...not aggressive but if someone comes in the yard they ALWAYS get in between the girls and whoever it is!!! Annie has also been known to "corral" Mollie. Keeping her in my sight all the time.