Thursday, January 01, 2009

Later 08' we're off to new adventures in 09'

















Spending a piece of New Years day at the beach is imperative for our family. This year the kids sported their new scooters and raced along the seawall. Well Race hardly races at all on his scooter but at least he can scoot it.

Lots of travels over the break. My sis had her baby, (pics to come) and now I am the proud Aunt of baby Gracie Lane Cannon. Gracie decided she wanted out before Christmas so she could cash in on the gifts and give Mommy Whitney a sigh of relief. She came 10 days early! Whitney and Jason on doing great , and adjusting to sleep deprivation. Whit says " I read all the books but nothing prepared me for this!" HA! She is right.
Looking forward to January, not a lot on the schedule which is terrific. My New Years Resolutions are as follows:
1. Read through the bible this year. ( using the Bible in a Year )
2. Write for our local Newspaper regularly ( have been asked to write for the kids school )
3. Routinely practice Spanish as to feel comfortable speaking it on vacation in May
4. Read minimum 12 books
5. Continue and get better about praying 3x a day
6. Lift more weights and keep within my ideal weight range the whole year( key word being RANGE)
7. Keep in better communication with sisters and Mom through out each week
8. Learn a good rhythm for cooking dinner and recipes my family enjoys
9. Submit at least 3 pieces to various Magazines for publishing
10.Be a more romantic wife

I'm only Blogging this so you people will ask me how I'm doing and so I have a reference. I realize 10 resolutions is kinda steep but these are all things I struggled with in 08 and I would at least like to attempt to get better at them. Perfection however is not the goal. Speaking of perfection I will leave you with these 3 perfect faces.
Happy New Year!




8 comments:

Mariah said...

I LOVE those perfect faces!! Wow. Am very proud of all your resolutions - especially the writing ones. I made a few that I think I'll post soon, but they're fabulously vague. :)

Cannot wait for baby/auntie pics!!!!

Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

I love you all and your kids are great.... but.... I. want. baby. pictures.

Thank You!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the pics. and the resolutions. I haven't made any myself. maybe just to make it through '09 without suffering a nervous breakdown.
crissy

Christina Ketchum said...

These pictures make me miss Corpus so badly! We are hoping to move back up in exactly 2 years! I am okay with that because Reagan won't be beach or Ocean Drive ready until then anyway!

Great New Year's resolution list!!!

Carri said...

beautiful kids, as always sunny! :) i love the resolutions, inspiring for me. i can't wait to see pics of your new niece! and how's meggie doing too?

Anonymous said...

Sunny! Your family is gorgeous! How are you?

Padre Reeds said...

Como va las practicas de espanol?

Padre Reeds said...

I want to follow my family from work as well. Please update and post pics of the pig!