TRIBUTE TO MY LIL' SIS
My Meg turned 17 yesterday. The little sister, 12 years my younger is well on her way to womanhood! I can still remember when she cried her 5yr old eyes out on my college doorstep. It just wasn't right for us to have to part our ways. Meg spent every morning my last years in highschool sitting on my kaboodle watching me put on my makeup. We would trudge to breakfast together and then I would take her to pre-school. Frequently she went on dates with me and oddly I really wanted her there. Once in college she heard my plea for money over the phone to my parents and sent me a card full of pennies. My first thanksgiving away she sent the bread they served in an envelope for me, all the way from Ca to Tx.
Meg is much more than a loyal sis though. She is a straight up GOOD person, who I know without a doubt knows right from wrong and is not afraid to live that way. She loves God and wants His will in her life more than anything. Meg is a riot, unabashedly shameless at times and pure fun to be with it. She's talented out the wazoo, she makes me cry when she sings , it's that good. She is also great at helping others not take themselves soo seriously. I have benefited from this characteristic more than once. One time on a family trip, I was whinning and whinning about the fact that I had just bounced a check and would not let it go. Finally the 6yrold smarty pants says, "Sunny would get over yourself , there are alot more horrible things going on this world." Yep, she's got a knack for "saying it like it is."
Meg also got the coordination gene, which me and Whitney did not. Once on a canoe trip, Whit and I just couldn't seem to get the boat turned. Meg finally got tired of our lame attempts and took both oars from her two grown up sisters, turned the boat around and hauled back to the bank.
There is so much more to say, but I'll stop here. I love you Meg, always and forever.
your biggest sis
2 comments:
Wow - how awesome!!! Print this out for your sister - she'll cherish it forever : )
HEY Sunny! I love that it was the best thing anyone has ever written about me. It almost made me cry. Your so sweet to me and always there for me when i need you. Just like an older sister should be. I am so glad we are not like those sisters that just fight. I couldnt ask for a better older older sister...thats not the middle sister i mean the OLDER sister. Your the greatest and love you soo much!!! BYE BYE
your little SIS!! MEG
Post a Comment