

Girly Girls
Gwen got up yesterday morning and announced she needed to get her ears pierced, TODAY. Being the cautious decision maker she is , I jumped in the shower and we were at the mall in very quick time. I have no idea what spurred this desire but I was soo glad it was her idea. Once we were there she convinced Claire to get her ears pierced too. Claire was gung ho until she wittnessed the procedure. Gwen was very brave. She got over the sting quickly and was ready to hold Claire's hand. After an adamant "NOOOOOO" from Claire and some major will power of my own, we got Miss. Claire through it and within minutes they both were all smiles with their new jewels. Gwen chose a turquoise blue stone and Claire got sparkly blue flowers. Mariah and her kiddos came to wittness the occasion and I know this is why I was brave enough to get them both done and why backing out wasn't a question for Gwen.
Gwen is very excited and wants everyone to know about her ears, so please if you have a minute comment at the end of the entry and I'll read it to her. It will make her day!
9 comments:
Gwen, you are so brave, and you have inspired Rana. I showed her the pictures of you and Claire, and now she wants her ears pierced too!
cute pics! and just when you thought the reed girls couldn't get any prettier...
I wonder if Abby had anything to do with that????
I like Gwen with her earrings on her! You're my best friend! And I think that she is VERY pretty! Claire....I like your earrings very much too, but please don't spit out any more milk or anything else. (directly from alex' mouth)
Gwenny, I absolutely love the earrings! But.....they do make you look a little bit older. I'm happy you decided that you needed to have that done. Maybe I'll buy you some great big hoop earrings for your birthday!
Just kidding....I'll wait till you turn seven! I love you and miss you so much, Gwen. Love, Mimi
Claire, you are very brave, like Gwen, to get your ears pierced. You look so pretty with your earrings. I can't wait to hug you. Love, Mimi
Now that I have seen how pretty you girls look with your new earrings, I think I'm going to do it, too! Do you think it will work for me?
I love you!
Uncle Kevin
Ohhh, Nooooo! We don't have little girls any more... They have become young ladies! BooooHooooooo..
Love, Pop
Gwen and Claire...you both look so beautiful!!!! Gracie and Mollie are very impressed with your earrings. I hope Gracie is as good a big sister as you were Gwen when it is time for them to get their ears pierced. I also hope one day all of you girls get to meet and play together. Your mommy and I used to have a lot of fun together!!! Congratulations!!!
Hi Gwen and Claire...we love your pretty new earrings. Now I want to get my ears pierced...Love, Maddy
Post a Comment