Slime and the Pool.
Gwen requested two things last Saturday and I said "yes" to both. She wanted to go to the Pool in Port "A" and to make SLIME that afternoon. I love it when I can say "yes" because I feel as though ( and am told ) that I am always having to say "We'll see", or " That sounds like a great idea.......but not today." Gwen even told me she had a dream that a monster was chasing her around the house and while she screamed " Mom come here now!" I said, " Hold on just a minute" over and over and over. HOw many times a day do we say these phrases that we think are buying us time. Sometimes we have to say them, but I'm realizing most of the time looking at a picture , finding a baby, or listening to a question is really more entertaining than whatever "chore" I'm doing.
I'm in a major relaxation mode right now. Which has a total different look than it did say in college. But what it has bought me is a whole lot of more fun with my kids. Tonight I sat in Gwen's club house (AKA some chairs covered in blankets)
looking at books with her until my bones ached from laying flat on a hard floor. Usually I would have told her we would do that in the morning because it was past her bed time or I would have said , "Hold on , let me finish the dinner dishes and find my water bottle and then I'll be there." I just jumped right in and her smile was pricless.
1 comment:
I too fall victim to the "NOT RIGHT NOW HONEY, MOM'S BUSY" Busy with WHAT? Ugh! Thanks for the reminder. Our kids will remember us playing in their tent, not if the dishes were spotless.
Post a Comment