We're Breaking up.........
well kinda. When Gwen stepped into her kindergarten this morning, it was like a small part of us separated in a very healthy way. She now has a world all her own, that I'm not part of and I'm actually psyched about this. She awoke this morning at 4:45am fully loaded with adrenaline. She quickly got out art work, while I read my bible and woke up. She wasn't needy only joyful and a complete delight. We were both so excited for her first day we could barely eat our breakfast. For those of you who might not know, Gwen and I are like magnets. We love each other with everything we have and we can push each other's buttons like no one else. I didn't realize until this morning how great this whole kindergarten thing is going to be for our relationship.
So she marched into her room with only a moments hesitation and then grinned big and said " Bye Mom." I love this girl.
By the end of the day she was telling me whose phone numbers she was going to get and all about her sweet teacher.
Claire also had her first day at the Pre-school connected to Gwen's school. She was very cooperative about going and was happy to have a uniform similar to Gwen's. Her enthusiam was a little less, as she most likely won't be as thrilled by structured environments as her older sister. Her report was less detailed but she remembered being mean to a girl in the "kishen" and then being nice again. She really enjoyed hiding in a tent ( definite mark of Kirby's daughter) and playing outside. Both the girls teachers said they did remarkable , so that was a grand way to end the first day.
14 comments:
Tell Gwen she looked absolutely stunning for her first day of school. The Break Up was a little tough for me, but definitely a fun time of new beginnings.
Catchin' up on the blog, and think Meggie is way too cute, and her boyfriend is way too hunky. If I were your parents, I would be orchestrating a "break up" of my own!
OK, I'm noticing a cup of coffee on her art table. Was she loaded with adrenaline BEFORE the cup, or AFTER? So no tears?? At all?? (from you I mean).
Sounds like a great first day, and the girls look cute as always. I was going to say that Claire was probably mean to the girl in the kischen b/c her pants were ugly, but since they were in uniform, there must have been some other reason. I guess I'm the only one with the ugly pants. What's Race thinking there? Peace & quiet?? Love you, AKS
Your girls are models-just gorgeous! What a go getter Gwen is and that is so typical first born. I love Race's face. It's like he's saying, "Now Mommy is all mine at last."
That is too funny! April and I were commented on the same thing about Race at the exact same minute. Too funny!
Aw, Sunny! I love your comment about the magnetic connection between you two. I'm so glad she loves it, and so glad that it went well for Claire, too. We're looking forward to hearing about her 2nd day later!
How sweet...still not looking foward to the "break up" next wednesday...but Isaac sure is. Do your girls go to a private school? It looks green and gorgeous down there!
Oh Sunny!!! I don't know how you did it!! It makes me sick just thinking about sending them off to school and both in the same day!!!!! Yikes!!!! Gracie will start next year and I am sooo not ready!!! UMMM I don't see tags on their lunches...I just might have to send you some.
What a lovely entry for your girls' first venture into independence. Your enthusiasm is just so...SUNNY!
I, too, love what you wrote about your relationship with Gwen being like magnets...loving intensity yet repelling forcefully. That is SO my Mom & I too!
I guess that is the sign of being a first-born.
As always, the kids are GORGEOUS! The girls lovely in their uniforms, pink bags, & flowers. Sweet Race just chillin'!
Oh my goodness! They look so beautiful! I just can't believe how much they've grown; I really don't understand how times seems to go so slowly at times; but then when I notice it, it really has sped by! You are such a good mommy, and you are so in tuned to your relationships with your kids. It's very cool!
Look how precious they all are! Your girls are simply gorgeous and lil race is a doll!It was great to hang with you the other day. Lets do it more!
Oh so sweet. The girls look so much older. I love their matching outfits including Race!! Yea Sunny time and Race time!!
Love,
Whitney
I bet the girls were the stars of their classes. They are so sweet! Thanks for coming over to hang with us on Jeremy's b-day. YAY!
Great pictures. It's so fun to see different personalities come out. I'm sure school will get better for Claire. Gwen will just be a natural. And is seems Race is going to enjoy some extra Mommy time!
I'm so glad Gwen loved school and Claire was able to master the art of fighting and making up (will come in handy during married life:). They look so cute in their uniforms.
Post a Comment