Saturday, September 08, 2007

New York : Part 2
The Hotel Metro is where we stayed. It was soo New York. Right in the middle of everything, a coffee shop across the street and best of all a roof top hang out with the most amazing view of the Empire St. Building.
We really took in the moment while eating lunch in Bryant Park. A huge fashion show was in the making , so we were lucky to get to hang out before it started. I really loved this little book center for kiddos too. I loved this lunch hang out because it was strictly tables to eat lunch at. People from all walks of life were hanging out on their lunch break. This is where I had my much awaited New York hot dog and some Soy Crisp which I was so grateful to find in a little deli.
My favorite show was was
The Color Purple. Fantasia ( American Idol winner) was the lead role of Celie. It was extraordinary! Very Fresh and full of talent. Fantasia was so believable as Celie. I had never read the book or seen the movie and I could go on for pages about the things I learned from this show and how it opened my mind. In a snap, I think it spurred Velvet and I to really appreciate the family we have , especially our sisters.
The pic of me and Vel is right after eating Pizza at John's which was a cathedral turned pizza restaurant.
more tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

Love it,..look forward everyday to see more adventures from NYC! Inspiring :)

April said...

Neato!

Christina Ketchum said...

I just love roof top hangouts. Dallas was full of them. Not so much in south texas. I would like to see the inside of the cathedral turned pizza restaurant.