In my day, it was bag, a grocery of some type maybe. Well, being the simple mama I am I try to refrain from extra stuff and Halloween buckets is one of them. After buying costumes to please everyone I stood my ground that we would make our bags. Well, time was short and I ended up shoving brown paper bags in their hands with a couple of crayons to decorate with. Claire , was content to scribble on hers and hold it proudly. Gwen.........different story. I could hear her muttering in the back of the van. " I'm a Princess carrying a brown paper bag, a brown paper bag!" Well, a friend of mine who I dearly love for her opposite approach on these matters, quick runs to her car when she spies Gwen's dilemma. She then presents not just a Halloween pumpkin bucket but a pink princess Halloween bucket! Oh my...........where will the madness end?
Thursday, November 01, 2007
In my day, it was bag, a grocery of some type maybe. Well, being the simple mama I am I try to refrain from extra stuff and Halloween buckets is one of them. After buying costumes to please everyone I stood my ground that we would make our bags. Well, time was short and I ended up shoving brown paper bags in their hands with a couple of crayons to decorate with. Claire , was content to scribble on hers and hold it proudly. Gwen.........different story. I could hear her muttering in the back of the van. " I'm a Princess carrying a brown paper bag, a brown paper bag!" Well, a friend of mine who I dearly love for her opposite approach on these matters, quick runs to her car when she spies Gwen's dilemma. She then presents not just a Halloween pumpkin bucket but a pink princess Halloween bucket! Oh my...........where will the madness end?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
i'm with you on this one! both of my kids just used bags we already had, they did the job! i like the idea of them decorating their own bags next year...
Great costumes! I heard ya'll had a blast at the Wag's party! Okay, I love you Sunny but I am totally agreeing with Gwen (and the unidentified friend) on this one! I am a person who normally doesn’t care about the little things in life. I buy my son's toys/clothes at the thrift store and my house looks like a bachelor's pad BUT I felt so sorry for the kiddos trick-or-treating with a grocery bag. It is like wearing a prom dress with ugly old sandals! I like the idea of making a bag but brown totally doesn’t match a beautiful princess dress. Maybe a pretty pillowcase would have sufficed!
I like the pillowcase idea!
Make sure your friend is around when Gwen is 16 and her Dad is trying to hand down the Honda with no a/c!!!
Is that hilarious or what? I had to come back because I'm still laughing at myself!
Love you guys.
Nothing better than a good blog 'cat fight'! Maybe we will get some other ladies to share their opinions on the candy bag ordeal!!! :-)
Great blog entry. I'll better know how to handle stuff like this when I have a girl. We'll see!
I had no idea the bags were supposed to coordinate with the costume. I don't think my girls know either, so until then, shhhh...
We have the orange pumpkins...they have used them for a couple years now....but I do hate storing them since my house has NO closets..well maybe 2 tiny ones. I think the pillow case thing could be good or some of those canvas bags with handles you can get for cheap at walmart...they could still decorate them and would be easily stored.
we went to the carnival with wal mart bags. Isaac cried, he was really embarassed (he's only 5!) Thank goodness the church was passing out yellow and orange ones. What have I created?
Post a Comment