Early 30's. What can I say about turning 32 that would inspire other women to embrace their 3o's? Mostly what I love about my age and where I am in life is that I'm constantly aware that life is bigger than me. I have freedom in being the Me that God created me to be. So different than when I was 20 and trying to figure out who I was. As I ride my bike in the early morning hours around the island I can take in the smells of beach, the sight of sunrise and the sound of a new day beginning. My heart sours with joy as I praise God for what I have been blessed with and the surroundings he so graciously allows me to live in. I have a secure marriage to man I'm totally in love with, I'm content and fulfilled in my role as a mother of 3 little people who demand most of me all day. The little time I get to reflect, read or chill are so much sweeter than when I was 20. A glass of red or a cold dark beer shared with Kirby on our back porch are like vacations that last one evening but carry me through a week. The dreams of writing articles and books and running an orphanage are still very real maybe even more now that my time is delicate. I know God put those desires in my heart and He wants to see them come to fruition as much as me. But I don't think they are anything compared to this time right now while I'm at home raising my little children. I am grateful for the Hope of Christ. Yes, these may be the best years but they are no doubt very trying. I have never before in my life been so tempted with anger, control and frustration as I am now daily with three little ones at my knees. I have experienced Jesus be for me what he has always promised he will be time and time again. I have learned more about my talents and my struggles in these last years than high school and college put together. So at 32 I am grateful, joyous, loved and still overly excited about being alive.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
32
Early 30's. What can I say about turning 32 that would inspire other women to embrace their 3o's? Mostly what I love about my age and where I am in life is that I'm constantly aware that life is bigger than me. I have freedom in being the Me that God created me to be. So different than when I was 20 and trying to figure out who I was. As I ride my bike in the early morning hours around the island I can take in the smells of beach, the sight of sunrise and the sound of a new day beginning. My heart sours with joy as I praise God for what I have been blessed with and the surroundings he so graciously allows me to live in. I have a secure marriage to man I'm totally in love with, I'm content and fulfilled in my role as a mother of 3 little people who demand most of me all day. The little time I get to reflect, read or chill are so much sweeter than when I was 20. A glass of red or a cold dark beer shared with Kirby on our back porch are like vacations that last one evening but carry me through a week. The dreams of writing articles and books and running an orphanage are still very real maybe even more now that my time is delicate. I know God put those desires in my heart and He wants to see them come to fruition as much as me. But I don't think they are anything compared to this time right now while I'm at home raising my little children. I am grateful for the Hope of Christ. Yes, these may be the best years but they are no doubt very trying. I have never before in my life been so tempted with anger, control and frustration as I am now daily with three little ones at my knees. I have experienced Jesus be for me what he has always promised he will be time and time again. I have learned more about my talents and my struggles in these last years than high school and college put together. So at 32 I am grateful, joyous, loved and still overly excited about being alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
o.m.g. stop looking so cute.
Love the blog...love the pics...love the post! You're amazing!
p.s. i'm coming around on the hair color.
Happy birthday! 32 is just the beginning - just you wait and see!!!
Good stuff. But I really just love opening your page and seeing that awesome blue and brown layout.
love the blog. Did you mean to say "Sours with joy.." or "Soars with joy"? Pour a glass full, sour like an eagle in the sky.
This milk has turned soar.
Post a Comment