I am NOT Reserved..
when I work out on my Eliptical machine. I sing loud and off key. I raise my hands when singing "Devotion" by the Newsboyz, dance like I'm back in highschool during No Doubt and seriously get my grove on to Michael Jackson. Yes, all this on a exercise machine. There are many times I get completely off beat and nearly fall off. I figure this allows my body to work different muscles and that can't be a bad thing. Since Kirby set an IPod up for me my workouts have been way more fun. Something about tuning everything out while I'm excersing is very freeing. I'm sure Claire will break something pretty soon, while I can't hear her, but for now the girls just keep peeking in the room watching mommy act crazy. It's very exhilarating to worship God, get my groove on , and just have fun not worrying what others will think.
Somehow once we become real "grown ups" there are certain things we don't do, and I'm just not buying that anymore. So here's my challenge to everyone. Bust out and be free and let your kids watch you. It's going to make your day go so much better.
My girls never knew a White Mama like theirs could do the moonwalk until this morning..............they were in awe! ( I wasn't on the machine for that )
13 comments:
i'm waiting for kirby to post a picture of this on his blog! you crack me up :)
You kill me!!!! Have they seen the high school hair that goes along with those moves?
I would so fall off the elliptical machine if I let go!! You're very talented! Oh, and we busted out a long time ago, the kids are going to be so embarrassed when they get older.
Yeah...I've seen the high school hair that goes with those moves...and a really cool sequin prom dress!!!! HA! Love ya...my girls think that I can twist and untwist my legs and they can't figure out how (you know the put your hands over your knees and move them in and out...anyways..)isn't it fun to amaze them...and yourself!
Can you really do the moonwalk? I tried at Christmas, and I know I looked nothing like Michael Jackson. You're crackin' me up, though. I can so see you doing that!
What's an elliptical machine? I'm so out of date!
What's an elliptical machine? I'm so out of date!
oops, i just posted that twice...told you I'm out of date.:)
Good one Worley world...I believe I was there for the purchase of that lovely PINK sequin prom dress....Did your mom happen to send that back with you? I bet Kirby would LOVE it!!!!
I totally love doing that! I figure I'm killing two birds with one stone: I can worship God and work out. I say, "Sing loud as possible and make that heart pump!"
I am living proof that your children will never appreciate it when you "get your groove on". somehow that just don't see it they way we feel it. Oh well...dance baby dance!!! I love our blog
I never could quite get the moon walk down. I guess not enough soul running through the veins. I can however, do some Madonna "Lucky Star" moves that make my kids roll their eyes. Newsboys ROCK! My favorite song is "Love is Better Than Life". Love the accent!
Enjoyed reading your blog tonight. Okay this post made me laugh. Great post.
Janice
Post a Comment