Friday, June 15, 2007




So I stumbled upon this article about playing with your kids in this magazine. The author said she made a toy parade with all her kids' toys and that her kids totally got into it and it made for a great memory. Well, it worked for me to. The girls went from bored and getting into my desk drawers to completely immersed in PARADE. We made the parade, hand made tickets to the parade, sold food at the parade and had music. Gwen was in charge of the entire parade, Claire was the care taker of th animals/ ticket maker and food passer outer. She spent alot of time putting her lions in time out for scratching each other too much. We called her "Security." Gwen thought that was hilarious. I was the custodian at the parade and was able to help with food. Race was a " parade watcher " but he was not allowed too close as he kept knocking the characters out of line.
Good stuff....

5 comments:

Mariah said...

cannot believe how many times you just blogged, woman! am glad y'all are having so much fun over there.

Christina Ketchum said...

That is such a good idea! Sounds like a good way to keep kids occupied. At least for a bit.
- Christina

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I smell a subscription to Wonderime : ) Glad y'all had fun!!!

Crissy

Anonymous said...

I meant wonerTime : )

Heidi McKee said...

Great Ideas! Thanks. What a great mommy!