
Just whats on my mind...
Feeling a strong sense of God telling me to Seek Him. Our pastor gave an interpretation of the Lord's Prayer last weekend and it has stayed with me. When Jesus said "pray like this", and he began to say the Lord's prayer the part about " your kingdom come your will be done " has changed my days. Pastor Bil interpreted that particular part as " What can I do for you God, to further your kingdom and your will" WOW. I have incorporated this question into my prayer time and it is amazing. He really will bring stuff to mind that I should do or that I should focus on. One day it was " show others love so they will know I love them." Another it was " heed my instructions " That one made me read my bible carefully , wondering what I was suppose to do. Today it was " Laugh with your children." I couldn't make this stuff up, it's totally God and I'm totally digging it. Mostly because at the end of every day, I wonder if I spent my time wisely, if I made a difference? Did I have purpose to my activities? My worse fear is that I'll just "get by" and not realize it. Anyway, this week I have had such peace going to bed, knowing I did what God wanted for that day. Now I know I might not always receive such straight forward answers but for now I'm enjoying being close with my Savior trying to let him prioritize my day. He is much better at it than me anyway!
more on the last part of the prayer " Lead me not into temptation" later.
6 comments:
Amen sista!!! I love that God is pouring into you! And you are receiving like a desperately thirsty woman of God. You go girl! Thanks for sharing God's awesomeness!!!
Great post Sunny! I will have to watch online this week. Thanks for sharing what you learned.
I'm right there w/ you. We have incorporated each part of Pastor Bil's "how to pray" message into our routine and it is really wonderful!
ooooo....can't wait for the "lead me not into temptation part"! You have such great insight, girl!
Just wanted to say hello hello. I was thinking about you today and was wondering how things were for you. Your blog was very thought provoking- being a mom, it's easy to go through a day and "just get by." Thanks for the reminder that we need to live on purpose. Hope things are good with you. Check out my myspace if you'd like. Hugs to you and all yours.
Wow! Your post was really good. And one part of it spoke to me where you said "show others love so that they will know that I love them" I have been dealing with some things lately at work about that. Sometimes it is hard to work with certain people. I have been praying about it. Anyway your post really spoke to me. I really enjoyed this past weekends sermon Pastor Bill did. I could just feel God's presence there when he was preaching.
Did Kirby ever find the book Left to Tell?
Janice
Post a Comment