Central ParkWay more georgeous and breathtaking than I imagined. I had no idea it is like 100 blocks! We only did a third of it but throughly enjoyed our park bench. It was so shady and serene here. We had so many good conversations over the course of the trip, but I do believe this was the best. People came and went for hours on the benches next to us but we were too engrossed in the scenery and our dialoge to notice many of them. I really feel like we had church at this place. We discussed many ways to reach the lost, show Christs' love and were honest with our own shortcomings. Velvet and I are always changing places on who is more conservative and who is more liberal. As we grow older and life happens we change and grow and it is soo cool to be totally accepted right where I am , even if it's on the total other end of the spectrum from Velvet. No matter our views, our hearts are the same and that loyatly and friendship enables us to have rip roaring discussions without rip roaring voices or feeling the least bit defensive. It's truly a gift.
At one point while we were sitting here I saw a bird fly overhead and all at once I felt totally free inside. It's like God had to get me all the way to Central Park to show me how Free indeed He enables me to be.
2 comments:
Wow, good stuff! I anxiously opened your blog page this morning hoping for another update, and there it was! I'm working on making my smile as big as yours and Velvet's, but I just can't stretch it that wide. Definitely a gift you both have, and I know that what is on our face is often a picture of our heart, so there's the explanation of your smiles. I was jumping up and down and screaming when I saw ya'll on the news, I taped it, and showed my mom and sister when they came over. See ya!
What wonderful pictures and a wonderful friendship you and Velvet have.
Post a Comment