Sunday, September 30, 2007

My own rendition of Psalm 142


I cry aloud to the Lord
( I need to be heard over the wails of my three yr old)
I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy and pour out my complaint before him
( I'm really not sure I can make it as a mother this evening)
In the path where I walk men, ( little people) have hidden a snare for me.
( on the way to clean the kitchen I find my 11mo old in the bathroom with a bag of gold fish split open and orange mess surrounding him)
I look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me
( I feel like a maid in my own house)
I have no refuge
( not even the bathroom is a safe place anymore)
No ones cares for my life
( this of course is an exaggeration but I'm going to run with it. )
( I feel alone even though precious blond and red heads surround me tugging at my legs)
Listen to my cry for I am in desperate need. Rescue me from those who pursue me for they are too strong for me.
( on a serious note, Satan loves to crouch at my door when I'm tired and frustrated. Only God can take him out)
Set me free from my prison
( my feelings of desperation , imprison me)
that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me
( I can still keep my head up around my godly friends because of your good grace God)


Well that was fun to write this morning. Really I'm much better than I was last night. In Kirby's defense, he is an awesome husband and I NEVER have felt like no one cares about me.
Right now we are working extra hard to get an investment property ready to rent so my job has been to do be okay and supportive while Kirby spends extra time on this project. I fully support this project and am soo proud of him for doing this. I just felt a tad stressed the other night and laughed as I read this psalm yesterday morning and decided to share what my thoughts were as I read it.

( this is a picture of the sunrise from
my back yard a couple of weeks ago.....love it!)

17 comments:

Christina Ketchum said...

It’s funny because I am a bit jealous (not in an ungodly way) of your chaotic life with 3 kids. Everything normally runs pretty swimmingly here. However, Noah is fighting an ear infection and we took him to the ER yesterday. He had a fever all night and it was SO scary! I know there will be a lot more fevers to come so I hope I get used to them.

Anonymous said...

It's time like these that I really wish we lived closer. I think about you and your 3 little Possibilities every single day. You are a most awesome mother. I like to think that I had a little bit to do with that, and I probabaly did, a little, but you just have this thing in you that pushes you to be your best. I know at times it doesn't come easy being the Mom that you want to be, but that's what makes you so amazing. You step away, analyze the situation and come back in with a new plan. Kinda like a timeout in a football game. Sunny, remember when you were a cheerleader just cheering away during those times the football players were in the huddle? Now, when you need some strength or encouragement you huddle up with the one who can really make a difference - the Ultimate Coach! And I'm on the side cheering you on. Only my sidelines are so far from you that you don't always here me say Yea Sunny! Or You Go Girl! But just know that I am. And I am yelling really loud. I love you. No one could be doing a better job. You rock their world every single day weather you realize it or not. I love you. Mom

velvet said...

Can't believe how parallel our lives are sometimes. Wow! Love your Mom's comments, of course. I've always been a bit jealous (in an ungodly way!). I love her cheering analogy. Drive by your local high school after school one day, and listen to the band play. It will so take you back. I almost busted out in a full fledge dance one afternoon! Yes, please get a mental picture of that and make yourself laugh. Love you TONS.

velvet said...

BTW ... I haven't read your NYC posts because I don't want to copy them when I finally get around to writing mine.

Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

I agree with your Mom, too!! Having grandparents near by is a HUGE blessing. If it makes you fell any better, I came home from work last week and Gracie had used black crayon to color mountains and houses on my RED couch...Still trying to get it out.

Susie said...

Sunny, I felt EXACTLY the same way when mine were little and Skip was working day at night helping to get BAF going. It does get so much easier. I PROMISE! As much as I'd love a baby to snuggle again, I am enjoying the older years where they can help out, or I can just leave for 30 minutes by myself with the oldest in charge. Praying for you, and knowing that you are an amazing mother and wife.

~April said...

AWESOME Sunny! Great seeing you at McD's!

Anonymous said...

That's IT... your thoughts pouring out! You are amazing and I love reading your posts, though you would never know it b/c I rarely comment :)

keri said...

Apparently I wasn't the only one having a bad week. Though I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I love the sunrise! When I saw the picture and as I read your blog I thought of the song: Though the sorrow may last through the night His JOY comes in the morning. Here's to a better week, next week.

BAF JANES said...

Love the post. Love the Psalms. I like reading David's words reflected in your own in today's time. God's up to something because it seems that every one we know is vulnerable. I need to start praying more for my BAF sistas!

DA Wagners said...

Love your words spoken through David's psalms! God is up to something because it seems like all my BAF sistas are vulnerable (especially me!) I'm going to focus my prayers this month on all of us!

Heidi McKee said...

What a true feeling of mommie hood! But what GREAT times huh? I was walking in the store the other day with all three and one person came up to me with tears in her eyes, no joke, and said, "it'll be over sooner than you know" Take in those goldfish moments, cries for 'mommy' and no privacy. Blink and we'll be begging them to come home.

Heidi McKee said...

in response to Velvet's comment. Please don't break out in dance. Remember when you had the "urge" to do a toe touch in front of the entire bleachers at a volleyball final. Sometimes those urges aren't for the best. That is still one of my most funniest memories EVER. I'm laughing out loud now!

SunJane said...

Heidi,
who did the toe touch? Me or Vel?
and what happened that was so funny?

velvet said...

Come on gals, REALLY ... after 12 years, we'd like to forget. New post, please!

Heidi McKee said...

Sunny- Velvet did a toe touch and landed FLAT on her rear-got up and started cheering w/o missing a beat! She was the ONLY one doing it, and in her sweaty volleyball uniform. If you saw it, you would've remembered. Omy it was funny!

I Love keeping memories alive. Thanks for keeping me in your loop! Sunny, you are such a beautiful person, but I"m sure you've had a memory like this one too! Just can't think of one yet:=)

Janice said...

I loved this this Psalm you wrote about. It is kinda the way I feel at the moment even though I don't have any children. It has just been a rough couple of weeks for me. I am leaving the blogging world. I just wanted to say I have enjoyed reading your post on here. You and Kirby are such great people. Love your hair color! We will see you at church.
Janice